Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sharing is Caring

Anyone who has discovered Christ must lead others to him. A great joy cannot be kept to oneself. It has to be passed on. - Pope Benedict XVI (2005 World Youth Day)


There are many things I love.  Typically when something grabs my interest, I am not quite satisfied until I have hunted down the most quality version of said thing.  Quality counts. Quality beer, quality coffee, quality music. All things I love. And as Pope Benedict says, if you love something, you must pass it on.  

Now, I know he was talking about something much more significant than these small daily pleasures. One cannot compare a love for good coffee with the desire to grow deeper in relationship with Jesus.  However, in sharing these small insights into my life, I am attempting to follow the words of St. Paul when he says, " So being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our very selves, because you had become very dear to us." (1 Thes 2:8.)

Our desire for God should be apparent in every inch of our being.  By sharing our lives with others, it should be obvious that our love for Christ effects every decision we make.  "They will know we are Christians by our love" and whatnot. The greatest form of evangelization is our witness, our example.  And in everything, we should be seeking what is true, what is good, and what is beautiful.  These are how we encounter God.  Truth, Beauty, Goodness.  And these 3 things are apparent in even the smallest daily occurrence.  A beautiful song, a mathematical truth, a good deed done for a friend.  

And so, with this blog, I attempt to share all things true, good, and beautiful that I come across. One more way in which I attempt to share Christ with the world.  Our culture has stopped acknowledging the existence of Truth, has lost sight of what is Good, and is moving too fast to notice what is Beautiful.  By sitting down and writing about them, it helps me to reflect on and recognize these 3 things as well. And by recognizing these three things, our minds are instantly reminded of Heaven and the glory that awaits us.  They transcend to a higher existence.

So quality counts.  Let us not settle for mediocrity. So it begins.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere Rese.

    Though I think you're missing "quality friends" too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super exciting Therese, I can't wait to hear more....and I might have a rant or two about beauty, goodness and truth in me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pham, can't forget about that.

    Taryn, I am confident you could rant more intelligently about them than I ever could :)

    ReplyDelete